Edinburgh Wood Fuel Ltd (EWF) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the data controller is Edinburgh Wood Fuel, Rose Barn, High Lorton, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9UQ
The Edinburgh Wood Fuel Privacy and Control Manager is Rachael Edmunds – firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes the information you provide when you register to place an order, entre a competition or report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and telephone number, and financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you:
With regards to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site, products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collect on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for examples, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) some parts of our website may not be accessible.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after then have been removed from the site.
Uses made of the information:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us:
We will use this information to:
- Provide you with the information, products and services that you have requested from us;
- Provide you with information about goods and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- Notify you about changes to our services;
- Ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you:
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestion and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods and services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information:
We may share information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contact we enter into with them or you to deliver the services that you have requested from us.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, properties in EH28). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Edinburgh Wood Fuel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Card details entered upon placing your order online are stored on our third-party payment platforms server – Stripe.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Rachael at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act/GDPR. Any access request will be free of charge unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.